Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Farmer's Market Salsa

Options
Botch
Botch Posts: 15,471
One of my favorite things about late summer/early fall are the Farmer's Markets.  Ogden's is getting better year by year, here's my haul from this morning:

The package on the left was a "Salsa kit", which I thought was kinda clever (it was actually a clever way to sell produce that had blemishes, but only the onion was unusable.)  It included tomatoes, three different kinds of chiles, the onion, and three cloves of garlic.
I cut half of the tomatoes in half and threw them in the smoker along with the chiles and another onion; the other half of the tomatoes I kept fresh.

I took the tomatoes off after they got soft with just a little char, and continued to cook the peppers until the skins were black.  Steamed them in a dish covered with Saran Wrap to loosen the skins:

Zipped everything together in the food processor along with some salt and a bit of olive oil.  The hickory smoke really made this salsa, yum.  I need more chips!  

Now, does anyone have a good recipe for baby bok choy on the Egg?  Got that bunch for $1.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

Comments