Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Clean Burn Mistake

Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,113
edited August 2013 in EggHead Forum
I was about an hour into a clean burn on my XL.  The egg was just under 700* when I decided I should add the stone for my Woo and a little more charcoal to extend the burn time since I was just running on about a 1/4 load of coals. The lid opened fine but when I went to shut it, it shifted.  I could feel the bands had expanded and the lid was loose. It came down an inch out of position.   I wrestled it back into position best I could given it is pretty warm.  It is now sitting pretty much where it should.  However, I can see that on the back-left side, it is sitting probably 1/16 to 1/8" off the bottom, providing a big air gap.  It is sitting fine (i.e. flush on the bottom) everywhere else. 

Should I deal with the gap after cools down tomorrow or do I need to try to adjust it now while it is hot? 
Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.

Comments