Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Salt Lick Beer

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200

Saw this article that Salt Lick and Jester King Brewery joined up to make a Salt Lick Pecan Smoked Saison. Can't wait to try it once they start bottling it. Hope its not as smokey as the one Shiner did and that its better than Salt Lick's BBQ.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options

Beer looks good about now. What with the huge smoker. I would love to have something like that. Can you help figure out how to post pictures with Photobucket.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    edited August 2013
    Options

The malt and some oats were smoked in it.

To post pics from photobucket, copy from the direct link (not the IMG one you would use on the other site). Then, come here and click on the 4th icon from the right (looks like a picture frame) and paste the copied link and it should work just fine.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Thievery
    Thievery Posts: 37
    Options
    You've been able to buy that beer for a few months here around Austin.  I tried it a few weeks back; it's pretty good but not my style of beer.  You can definitely taste the smokiness.

I've seen it at Spec's and the South Lamar Wine and Spirits.

If you can find them, you should try the Mad Meg (Farmhouse Ale) and the Thrash Metal from Jester King.  They are good, good, good.

BGE in the ATX