Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Freeze salsa

Can you. I'm assuming that you can.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,030
    I don't see why not. I freeze sofrito without issue but I have never done salsa.
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,810
    never did it but i think even if it doesnt taste that fresh after thawing you could still cook things with it, say in rice, chili, enchaladas etc
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,820
    Mushy, but useable as fishlessman suggests.  Do you hav e enough to give it as hot water bath 10-15 minutes under boiling water should do.
    ·
  • We have done it in the past. Seems a LOT more watery when its been frozen previously.
    ·
  • GoatseggGoatsegg Posts: 108
    When you freeze vegetables the water expands and breaks the cell walls so when things thaw out everything is a bit more mushy if you're talking about' tomato salsa it may end up lacking body, but if it tastes good no harm done. I'd give it a shot on a small batch.
    -The Goat
    Marietta, GA
    XL BGE

·