'Tis the season ... so be sure to see our Holiday Entertaining Recipes
for some terrific ideas. And, it’s not too early to start thinking about our Country Christmas
menu for any of your holiday meals! For something different, how about mixing it up with our Light Southern Meal
with Grilled Catfish and Watermelon Salsa! Happy Holidays!
Spicy-Crispy Jerk Wings and Mixed parts (picture)
trying to keep things simple lately with a 2 week old baby in the house. Those long-2 cigar-grill a thons are on hold for a few months. Threw this recipe together using a combination of recipes online.
- rub chicken skin with half lime, then lightly salt (i like to use tenderizer needles on breast)
- combine 1/2c walkerswood jerk marinade, 2tbsp dark rum, 2 tbsp canola, wisk together
- throw in a bag and marinate overnight
- lightly smoke with pecan or cherry indirect 250-300 for 1 hr turning once
- remover setter and grill direct at 400 until skin is crisp
I love this tecnique for getting the skin very crisp. I use just a touch of wlakerswood jerk bbq sauce on the white meat to give it a little extra zing. great stuff if you have never tried it and can find it buy it. primary ingredient are bannanas...