Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Out door kitchen question about vent hood

I am looking to build an outdoor kitchen on my screened in porch. I am planning to design an angle ceiling over the egg to a vent hood. I have read some suggestions on this subject but I haven't found any results or outcomes. The industrial vent hoods are pretty expensive and I am wondering if that is necessary. I am wanting to use a high end indoor vented hood that pulls about 400 cfm's. I don't wanted to make a mistake by doing this lower end vent hood. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,809
    Not sure if you have this product in the US, it is 680CFM and can be had on sale for $160. Two fans, 6" stack and no filters, the grease cups really work well for stir fry. Lots of models, I've been thinking of adding one to my BBQ pit. 
    Depending on the layout, a wood exterior with a flashing interior is what I've been thinking for the hood. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter.