Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First time T-Rex method.....

Bought a pack of beef tenderloins from Costco. Being that they are over 2" thick, the T-Rex method looked like perfect way to cook them.  They came out great.  I used two fist-sized chunks of mesquite after the sear part of the cook and it was perfect.  The only issue that came up was that my wife and daughter like their steaks more on the medium side.  So to obtain the doneness for them, I left theirs on for another 5-6 minutes after I took mine off (rare/medium rare for me). In doing so, they had a much more smokey taste than mine, almost too much. I think they liked the flavor of the mesquite, just not as much.  Next time should I sear theirs longer to insure that they are done enough to pull off when I take mine off, or buy thinner cuts of meat? Here is a picture of mine, it was excellent.

IMG_0839.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M

Comments