Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question about the Egg Carten

Options
Howdy,

After a couple of years of lurking, I finally decided to get an account and join in the discussions.  This forum has been a big help to me in the past, and I should have joined earlier.

I have a large BGE that is about 2-1/2 years old and I just recently bought a small to go along with the large. I intend to get an Egg Carten for when I tailgate, go camping, etc.  When at home I plan on placing the small Egg, while still in the Carten, on a metal storage cabinet.  The cabinet I am looking at has a depth of 14" and was curious about the dimensions of the bottom of the Egg Carten designed for the small BGE.

So any members out there with an Egg Carten help me out?

Thanks.
Texas Aggie transplanted in Georgia
Large BGE, Small BGE, more accessories than I'm willing to tell the Mrs. about.

Comments

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options

Mine is for the mini egg and the bottom is 10 1/2 X 10 1/2 inches.

I don't know if it is the same base for the small size, but hopefully someone will chime in and we'll both learn something.

I'm not sure what you mean about the depth at 14, and how that jibes with the dimensions of the bottom of the Carten.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are asking. 

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    If you have any questions contact Scott.  His email is in this post:
    I have one for my mini and I recommend the CARTen without reservations.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    For the small.  12 1/4  X  12 1/4 inches

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    By the way you will love the small. We have an RV and take it camping all the time.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• wmcguire93
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies.  I did email Scott about a week ago, but no reply.  As the thread Austin Egghead linked mentions mentions that he is on a break from making them, which I hope is not permanent (or long) because the CARTen looks like the exact thing I need and tailgate season is upon us.

@jaydub58: The cabinet I was looking at has the dimensions H x W x D of 34"x30"x14".  The the 14" represents how "deep" the cabinet is.  I wanted to make sure the top of the cabinet was large enough to keep the Egg CARTen from overhanging the edge while sitting on top.

@ RAC:  Thanks for the  dimensions, it's exactly what i was looking for. Ever since we began grilling on a BGE cooking on anything else is a disappointment.  We got the small so we can travel with it.

After the first cook I can tell it might take the top spot in day to day grilling.  It used a lot less lump and went up to temp in a fraction of the time my large does.
    Texas Aggie transplanted in Georgia
    Large BGE, Small BGE, more accessories than I'm willing to tell the Mrs. about.