Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Peruvian Grilled Chicken and Green Sauce

I've eaten in a couple of Peruvian restaurants and really liked the food so when I ran across this recipe on Serious Eats I decided to give it a try. It turned out great; the chicken had a great flavor, and I really liked the green sauce which had a little bit of heat.

I cooked the chicken indirect at 375 dome; when the IT hit 140-ish I switched to raised direct to finish it off. (During the raised direct portion, I went to flip the bird and it literally fell apart it was so tender, which explains why you see it in pieces in the later photos).

I know it isn't typical Peruvian, but I had some fresh corn tortillas so I heated some up and served with the chicken.

For green sauce:
3 whole jalapeño chiles, seeds and all
1 cup fresh cilantro
2 medium cloves garlic
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons fresh juice
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

For the Chicken:
1 whole chicken