Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Country-Style Ribs

BotchBotch Posts: 2,359
edited August 2013 in EggHead Forum
Country-style Ribs:

I've never tried the "3-2-1" method of making ribs before, so I gave it a shot today.    
I wrote up a list for the grocery store to make my own barbeque sauce, but I went to the farmer's market first in downtown Ogden and found a lady who canned her own barbeque sauce, so I bought a pint from her instead.  Very tasty, and she wasn't afraid to use a few chipotles!  Also picked up local tomatoes, peaches, and peppers; ended up only buying apple juice and a foil pan at the grocery store.  
Smoked the ribs until they hit 160.  Put them in the foil pan and covered with 1 part of that barbeque sauce, 3 parts apple juice, covered with foil, and placed it back in the Egg.  
The ribs hit 200 after only an hour, so I took them out and let them rest in the liquid while I heated the Egg up to grilling temperature.  I spread half the ribs with the barbeque sauce, left half plain, and grilled them (they were done in 15 minutes).  So, my "3-2-1" was actually a "3-1-0.25".  
They were very tasty, and moist (I did forget to brine the ribs, which I usually do, but the foil cooking probably replaced it).  I don't usually foil my ribs, and I'm not sure it was worth the trouble, but had to try it once.  I [i]do[/i] think next Saturday I'll find that lady and buy a few more pints of her sauce, good stuff!  

I Know Why The Egged Bird Sings.

Ogden, Utard.  

Comments