Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Turbo Ribs: Foil or no Foil

I want to do Turbos for the first time tonight.

General consensus is 325-350 indirect. Cook for 1.5 -2 hours.

Then some foil and some don't.

Some say they are even done at the 2 hour mark. Then some spray and foil and continue to cook.

I know there is no right or wrong way to get the end result. I am just curious as to which gives a better overall better end result.

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Sledder, Quadder, Rock and Roller, Big Green Egg Smoker.

·

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,806
    In 10 years of cooking ribs on eggs I have only foiled once about 5 years back and quit doing it as it was tooo messy for me. I spritz every 20-30 minutes and that keeps them moist and do the sauce the last 10-15 minutes.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,113
    edited August 2013
    No foil. If baby back I go 350 for 100 min and NO PEEK.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • hondabbqhondabbq Posts: 1,112
    Mickey said:
    Okey Dokey. Will do.

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,841
    I foil and smother with honey... 325.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • HankyorkeHankyorke Posts: 146
    Mickey said:

Direct raised or indirect?

LBGE

BTFU!

·
  • hondabbqhondabbq Posts: 1,112
    Well took the no foil route tonight. These ribs were kinda thick so they took 3 hours. Sauced them the last 45 minutes or so 3 times to let the sauce bake in. It worked out well.
    image.jpg 1.2M

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

·