Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Do You Put In Your Burger?

Fred19Flintstone
Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
edited August 2013 in EggHead Forum
Wilma and me were talking about tonight's supper. She will be at work and we have some ground chuck thawing in the fridge, I said I'll make burgers. She was a little troubled because we don't have any eggs. I've never put anything but seasonings in my burger meat, but Wilma insists eggs are needed. How about you? Do you put anything in your burger meat?
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Nothing in the burger, season the outside with salt, pepper and a lil woorsey sauce.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I should say that we've tried adding salt, pepper and other rubs in the meat, worsey sauce and other things and in the end, we always just come back to s&p. Keep it simple and let the meat shine.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• None of your business.

XLBGE 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    None of your business.

=))

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Nothing in the burgers usually just lawrys seasoned salt and pepper or cowlick rub or raising the steaks, depends how I feel.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • radamo
    radamo Posts: 373
    I am similar to Griffin... tried them a thousand ways and now stick with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and some garlic powder.  Somehow those 3 simple ingredients seem to make a burger SHINE!  Don't tell anyone my secret...
    Long Island, NY
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    When I grind my own meat, I just use S&P on the outside.

If I use store-bought beef, I add Worcestershire sauce to the meat to aid with moisture since I cook it to a higher temperature. I will add rub or just S&P to this as well.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I put eggs always. The biggest hit is always my brown sugar and onion burgers. Couple pounds of meat, handful brown sugar, small to medium sweet onion diced pretty fine, couple cloves of garlic minced, salt and I usually use cow lick instead of pepper. I don't use alot of hickory but it goes good with these.
  • Never have put eggs in mine. Wife and I went on big streak of burger mixed up with blue cheese and Franks Red Hot. It actually tasted pretty spectacular. I would mix in caramelized onions on occasion which added another nice layer of flavor. Lately though It's just been s+p. 
    Madison, CT
    LBGE June 2013. 

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    I'll use a couple pounds of meat, some rub, vidalia onion, tear up a couple slices of bread into small pieces and mix in, then one egg as a binder.

Then a little tartar sauce or chipotle mayo and a slice of cheese and you're good to go.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Griffin said:
    I should say that we've tried adding salt, pepper and other rubs in the meat, worsey sauce and other things and in the end, we always just come back to s&p. Keep it simple and let the meat shine.

+1  Unless I am doing stuffed. I stuff with whatever last time I did 4 different types. I did cheddar and pre cooked bacon, just american cheese only, blue cheese only and blue cheese with mushrooms. I did 18 in all. The people loved them.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• I try to keep it simple. A little worshista-shista-shista-shire mixed in and Montreal Steak seasoning or just s&p & garlic powder on the outside.
    Flint, Michigan
  • CTSmoker
    CTSmoker Posts: 19
    Raising the Steaks, Cowlick or Dizzy Dust.  We like Tony's Extra Spice, too.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    1 tsp mushroom powder and 1 tsp fish sauce per pound; salt on the outside.  Umami, baby!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• GreenhawK
    GreenhawK Posts: 398
    I really like blue cheese crumbles mixed into the meat.  I have also done as Eddie Murphy called them "Momma Burgers" with bell peppers and onion mixed in.  
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • Nothing for me either but, I sounds like the one person's opinion that really matters has already opined.  ;)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Some Kikkoman, Worcestershire, and some Montreal Steak seasoning.  Then into the freezer for about 30 to 40 min before going on the egg.  The Kikkoman is the secret that that nobody can guess. 
    I've also added fish sauce...Umami burgers are hard to beat as well.
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • I usually keep it simple. If you do use eggs, the whites tend to make the burger "firmer", while the yolks will improve flavor and richness. I'd vote for skipping the whites if you throw eggs in.
  • Logger said:

Some Kikkoman, Worcestershire, and some Montreal Steak seasoning.  Then into the freezer for about 30 to 40 min before going on the egg.  The Kikkoman is the secret that that nobody can guess. 
    I've also added fish sauce...Umami burgers are hard to beat as well.

Kikkoman is a brand. They make soy sauce, teriaki sauce... Etc. Which one do you use?
    Flint, Michigan
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    I've tried adding different things but I always go back to adding nothing.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited August 2013
    Ground Brisket and chopped red onion + S&P Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Then add more red onions on top. Plus an onion roll. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Usually just s&p.  When going for different, maybe a little Dale's or sometimes a packet of Hidden Valley ranch mix.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Freshly ground brisket and pork belly (or bacon), mix in some fish sauce, freshly ground black pepper and chopped onions.  Cook MR.  Best burger you'll ever eat.
    Freshly ground brisket and pork belly (or bacon), mix in some fish sauce, freshly ground black pepper and chopped onions.  Cook MR.  Best burger you'll ever eat.
    Nola what is the mix ratio brisket to belly?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • yogi84
    yogi84 Posts: 189
    i like cheese and hatch green chiles

image sorry cell phone pic
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    I add Fiesta Spice's Hamburger Deluxe... basically pre-mixed S&P with a few extra spices. Tasty!

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Anchovies and dehydrated onion

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Aviator said:

None of your business.

Yeast infections can make a person very irritable.  :))

Perhaps he ran out of the strawberry flavored personal lubricant I sent in his "elf exchange" package?
    Flint, Michigan