Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Chicken Breasts

Semi Indirect.  Piled the lump in the back and cooked toward the front.

Turned out good.

No veggies on the plate because we have started having a raw veggie plate when we get home and then the meat later.
IMG_6208.JPG
3648 x 2736 - 3M
IMG_6209.JPG
3648 x 2736 - 3M
IMG_6211.JPG
3648 x 2736 - 3M
IMG_6213.JPG
3648 x 2736 - 2M
Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

Comments

• JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 1,231
    Those look nice and juicy.

Large BGE 2006, Small BGE 2014
    Weber Gasser for the Wife. 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 588
    Those look fantastic! I too made chicken breasts tonight. I followed several posts here and did them direct at ~400 deg for about 7 min per side. Then I foiled them for 10. Still weren't done and had to go back on. They were good and didn't have that bad smokey flavor of the burgers (my first cook) but still looked nothing like yours. Please explain your method!
    Aiken, SC
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 3,583
    edited August 2013
    Indirect, only because I loaded the lump in the back and placed the breasts in the front.  Done at 400 until the interior was 170 or higher.  About an hour.

At 400 you do not need to flip them.  Give them at least 30 minutes before you look, and then do them to a finish temp between 170 and 180.  Don't foil them.  Get a Thermapen.

You will get there, we all had our stumbles.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 588
    Thank you. I was way off. Thermapen is on the list this week. Again, thanks.
    Aiken, SC