Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lobster market Alert

BotchBotch Posts: 3,198
Saw on the news last night that there's some kind of fungus or something that's really hurting the shrimp population, and that prices are or soon will be double their normal range.  But, the report also noted that for whatever reason the NE lobster harvest is incredibly large this season, and the 'bugs are going for as low as $2.11/pound!  
Twist my arm, I guess I can eat lobster instead of shrimp for awhile, but dammit not for more than a year! [/sarcasm]  Headed toward the market tomorrow after work!
The news report also had this interesting tidbit:  prices for lobster meals at restaurants are not going down.  Apparently if a lobster dinner dips in price, the sales virtually disappear; customers think there's something wrong with the bugs!  Interesting.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
·