Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Lobster market Alert

BotchBotch Posts: 2,356
Saw on the news last night that there's some kind of fungus or something that's really hurting the shrimp population, and that prices are or soon will be double their normal range.  But, the report also noted that for whatever reason the NE lobster harvest is incredibly large this season, and the 'bugs are going for as low as $2.11/pound!  
Twist my arm, I guess I can eat lobster instead of shrimp for awhile, but dammit not for more than a year! [/sarcasm]  Headed toward the market tomorrow after work!
The news report also had this interesting tidbit:  prices for lobster meals at restaurants are not going down.  Apparently if a lobster dinner dips in price, the sales virtually disappear; customers think there's something wrong with the bugs!  Interesting.  

I Know Why The Egged Bird Sings.

Ogden, Utard.