Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lobster market Alert

BotchBotch Posts: 3,285
Saw on the news last night that there's some kind of fungus or something that's really hurting the shrimp population, and that prices are or soon will be double their normal range.  But, the report also noted that for whatever reason the NE lobster harvest is incredibly large this season, and the 'bugs are going for as low as $2.11/pound!  
Twist my arm, I guess I can eat lobster instead of shrimp for awhile, but dammit not for more than a year! [/sarcasm]  Headed toward the market tomorrow after work!
The news report also had this interesting tidbit:  prices for lobster meals at restaurants are not going down.  Apparently if a lobster dinner dips in price, the sales virtually disappear; customers think there's something wrong with the bugs!  Interesting.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.