Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

2" Steaks and Lobster Mushrooms w/ PICs

A Whole Foods finally opened in Savannah and was running a special on Ribeye Steaks for $9.99lb, couldn't resist.

Told them to cut me a fat 2" steak that was begging to go on the egg!

Bought several Peppers - Some I knew and some I didn't to make a pepper sauce for the steak. Char-grilled them and threw them in the blender with Olive oil, lemon juice and S&P.

Time to Blend

Bought a Lobster Mushroom and decided to get creative with a foreign Fungus I have never cooked before. For some reason I ignored all of the advice on the internet and cooked it my way, surely nothing could go wrong. Long story short, follow the experienced, @ 24.99 a lb, it sucked and was inedible.

Reverse Seared the steak which turned out awesome, Followed the Best thing I ever made steak by Geoffery Zakarian  - http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/chef-zakarians-grilled-steak/101537.html

Here is the Skinny (whatever that means) steak and pepper sauce were excellent, shame I didn't record the steps for the sauce, I am confident that I was over-marinated (if that's possible) - That would explain why I didn't give the MONEY shot of cutting into the steak, but it was a perfect medium rare and the taste was excellent! Give it a try.

Cheers
LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
·

Comments

• AquacopAquacop Posts: 468
    By the way, apparently Lobster Mushrooms are awesome if you follow the recipe, so don't let my intoxicated follies deter you!
    ·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,047
    Looks good. How'd you like the pepper sauce?
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
    It was really good and surprising easy to make, bought some crazy peppers from Whole Foods and went with it. Yes it was a success, but if alcohol wasn't involved, it may have been a failure!
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,935
    I have done mushrooms (not lobster) on the egg, but it was in a CI skillet... That ribeye looks awesome!
    ·
    Thanks hapster, to date that was the best one I have made, even left-overs the next day were great!
    hapster said:
    I have done mushrooms (not lobster) on the egg, but it was in a CI skillet... That ribeye looks awesome!
    Thanks, to date that was the best one I have made, even left-overs the next day were great!
    ·
  • I'm form Savannah too. The opening of the WF has been quite exciting!
    LBGE- Atlanta, LBGE and SBGE- Ellijay, GA
    ·
    I'm form Savannah too. The opening of the WF has been quite exciting!
    I couldn't believe how busy it is on the weekend. I am sure it will settle down once the newness wears off.
    ·