Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Brisket pork belly burgers

LitLit Posts: 5,031

Saw Centex mentioned these the other day so I had to try them. Picked up a belly and Black Angus brisket from Restaurant Depot. Really good looking brisket and only $2.44 a pound. These are really good and looks like I will be eating them for a couple weeks...image.image.image.image.image

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,076
    Nice work. Is that a Takeda 240mm?
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,869
    Umm Yumm! Do you have a rough idea of the brisket to belly ratio?

Nice spirals of condiments, too.
  • LitLit Posts: 5,031

Yes. Its really good at cutting up bigger pieces of meat. I sharpen it the same as my other knives but it gets much sharper. I think it has to do with how thin the spine of it is. This isn't even a good picture but if you get it completly flat and look at it from the spine its almost invisible.image

• LitLit Posts: 5,031
    I would guess I used about 30% belly.