Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket pork belly burgers

LitLit Posts: 3,820

Saw Centex mentioned these the other day so I had to try them. Picked up a belly and Black Angus brisket from Restaurant Depot. Really good looking brisket and only $2.44 a pound. These are really good and looks like I will be eating them for a couple weeks...image.image.image.image.image

·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,290
    Nice work. Is that a Takeda 240mm?
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,514
    Umm Yumm! Do you have a rough idea of the brisket to belly ratio?

Nice spirals of condiments, too.
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,820

Yes. Its really good at cutting up bigger pieces of meat. I sharpen it the same as my other knives but it gets much sharper. I think it has to do with how thin the spine of it is. This isn't even a good picture but if you get it completly flat and look at it from the spine its almost invisible.image

·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,820
    I would guess I used about 30% belly.
    ·