Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

5lb bird on the mini

LitLit Posts: 3,826

Cut out slits in the fire ring so the plate setter sits low enough for it to fit. Came out really good..image.image.image.image

·

Comments

• calikingcaliking Posts: 6,942
    Do you have issues with the drippings falling on the plate setter and burning, giving an off-flavor to the meat? Chicken cooks (skin on) end up getting a little fiery for me once the chicken fat starts hitting the coals. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,085
    Nice job.  What tool/blade did you use for the cut?  I tend to get a bit nervous around tools and messing something up that would viod a warranty from operator error.

Thanks
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,826

@Caliking I almost never use a drip pan and have never noticed a bad flavor. It was sizzling and smoking pretty good but it tasted really good.

@thetrim I used a dremmel with the tile cutting attachment. Took like 10 minutes. Its basically like a drill bit with little spikes.

·