Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

How long will home made salsa keep?

edited August 2013 in EggHead Forum
How long will home made salsa keep in the refrigerator?
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

• about 10 minutes in my house ..... it's gone after that.
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,971
    2-4 days in my place.  Starts to get mushy after that, however I use only fresh ingredients.  If cooked you have a longer shelf life.
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,288
    It'll go a week here, and we've gone almost two. Your nose will tell you ....
  • onedbguruonedbguru Posts: 790
    salsa is typically cooked.  We canned some 2010,2011 and we have ~20 jars left.
    pico de gallo is just fresh chopped stuff.  is only fresh for a day or two, three max.

That being said, after we open a jar, if we are eating other stuff, it will be good for a week or so.  You will know when it goes bad, it usually starts growing green stuff..
  • If lucky we will have enough leftover for the next day.  
    Large, small and mini SW Austin
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,031
    We just canned some a few weeks ago. I love canning fresh sauce and salsa. We just started canning this summer and I'm obsessed.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • I do mine fresh but have found that in large batches if you add a small amount of white vinegar, it will help it last longer without giving you the vinegar taste.