Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Feel kind of bad...

Made two spatchcock chickens today for dinner and to enjoy during the week. Found whole, young chickens on sale for $0.89/# so I figured I'd grab a couple. Seasoned them up with John Henry's chicken tickler and some fresh thyme under the skin. Rested in the fridge overnight to get that crispy skin. Cooked raised, indirect @ 350 for 1.5hrs over a pan of potatoes, then pulled everything out and crisis the skin for 8 min raised direct. They came out beautiful.

So why do I feel kind of bad? None of the wings even made it to the table. Ate all four before anything had even cooled. Burned my lips and tongue. They were ridiculous. Totally worth it!

Cheers all -
B_B
Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
·

Comments

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,032
    Say 3 hail Marys and 2 our fathers...

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • I had no idea Mrs. Badger even snapped this pick before I started pulling the wings off. Man, they were good...
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 754
    Tell Mrs. badger thanks cause those are some pretty birds. I get harassed by my family when I take pics of what I cooked.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • First one to harass me while im taking pictures gets to eat something else.
    ·
  • revolver1revolver1 Posts: 336
    Looks very tasty. 
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
    ·
  • Glad to see I'm not the only one that snaps off the wings.  Just got to test the product before serving.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,697

I wouldn't feel bad. That's called quality control. You are sacrificing your health and taste buds to ensure the safety and enjoyment of your family. You should be respected for that.

Texas Chicken Tickler is good stuff. Thanks for reminding me I have some in the cabinet somewhere.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·