Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Have to give props to the wife - Its all about the brisket

Seapointbakers
Seapointbakers Posts: 64
edited August 2013 in EggHead Forum

I was supposed to go golfing last Sunday so the plan was to put a small brisket flat on the egg on Saturday. Had a friend ask me at 9pm on Friday to play Sautrday too. The wife was cool with it (as usual) and said she could handle the brisket. So i gave her the guidlines. It was about a 4 to 4 1/2 lb flat that was trimmed and did not have much fat left.

First props for not minding me playing golf 2 days in a row.

And bigger props

SHE NAILED IT!!!

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,777
    Why YES, YES she did. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Good thing she didn't go golfing with you as she would have probably been sub par all game!
    Dunedin, FL
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Whatever you do, do not tell her "I told you the egg is foolproof, even you can cook with it." She did a great job - she might just send you out golfing every weekend.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    How'd she end up cooking this, by the way? I' pretty jealous it looks so juicy compared to my leather patty I had yesterday.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Whatever you do, do not tell her "I told you the egg is foolproof, even you can cook with it." She did a great job - she might just send you out golfing every weekend.  
    I do go golfing every weekend
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,081
    Now that is about the best post here in a very long while-if you have your choice between lucky and good take lucky every time.  Dang-when you get SWMBO on the same page you are golden!  No envy here :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • We borrowed from one of the posters in the past.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1141803

We change this a little. The drip pan has the leftover injection along with apple juice and any beef stock that was left in the carton.We like to have the pan about 1/2 full. We dont spray with apple juice either. Sat foiled in a cooler for about an hour. Does sacrifice the bark but the meat is juicy and tender.

I don't use the Dizzy Dust, I use a rub i mix

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/4 sale

2tsp Chili powder

1Tbsp Garlic powder

2Tbsp Black Pepper

2Tbsp dried mustar

1Tbsp Cumin

2Tbsp paprika

1Tbsp onion powder

1/2 Tbsp cayenne

• Seapointbakers
    Seapointbakers Posts: 64
    edited August 2013

And by the way she did a nice hunk of bottom round today and made baltimore pit beef. And we know good pit beef since we are from Balitmore. Chaps has nothing on us. She nailed that too. At least she gives me some credit and says she has a good coach. She may just be trying to make me feel good.

And yes, i was out golfing.

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167

Now that is a lady WELL worth hanging on to!

:x
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • dang,  you guys are makin me blush!  thank you for all the kind words.

Hugs,

SWMBO!  :-) 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,777
    The kind words are well-deserved.  I suspect many of us are wondering if we can send our SWMBOs to visit for some classes in "Egghead Support".

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• finster
    finster Posts: 136
    Hole in one! Way to go mom!
    MBGE in Charleston