Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Salsa Redemption

I got a bit over creative yesterday an attempted a smoke Hatch chili salsa that was a total failure. Tried a straightforward method today and turned out very nice. Snacking while I work on my pizza dough.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
image.jpg 741.2K
image.jpg 997.2K

Comments

• Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 1,092
    Looks nice. Is that juicy from tomatoes or do you add vinegar?
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,109
    @Black_Badger all the liquid is from tomatoes plus juice of three limes (total for a full batch)
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • SpringramSpringram Posts: 426
    Tomatoes have a huge amount of water in them. For salsa, after I core and chop my tomatoes, I put the tomatoes in a salad spinner and let it zoom around, etc.  You will be surprised how much water comes out ........This helps prevent soggy salsa. 

Or you can also put the cut tomatoes in a strainer and add a little salt for 30 minutes or so. I like the spinner since it is faster.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,080
    Looks good. Red onion?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings