Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Planked Salmon

This weekend's (Friday) cook, at the BIL's house on Smith Lake, Alabama.  One fish in two fillets, relatively fresh, firm flesh and good smelling.  EVO and 'Neighbors By Choice' Strawberry Jalepeno jam, as recommended by the jam maker and chef Craige DeMoss ( www.NeighborsByChoice.com ) at a recent farmer's market visit in Brentwood, TN.  One cedar plank and one alder plank, dunno which one I ate off of, but it was good.  This morning the leftover's were way good since the smoke had cleared from my nose <g>.

I Have cooked fish for the last two weekends, longing to get back to...RIBS!

Dave
no, not -that- one!
KI4PSR
·

Comments

• Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    You had me at strawberry jalepeno jam

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • You had me at strawberry jalepeno jam
    Ha! Thanks!  I wasn't sure how I would like it, but the impact was very subtle, small heat and sweet.  I am looking forward to more visits to that farmer's market and tips from that fellow!

Dave

no, not -that- one!
    KI4PSR
    ·