Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Re-purposed the old gasser

TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
edited August 2013 in EggHead Forum
Haven't used the gasser in months, and it looked like it - back of the yard covered in cobwebs.  Recently got the Lodge Hibachi, which I love for searing or quick burgers, but got tired of cooking at ground level, and waiting for it to cool down then storing in the shed.  Cleaned up the old grill, and it's perfect for the hibachi/  Will be searing some filets tonight!

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,418
    Thats cool
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • I use mine as a workspace to put hot grates etc from the BGE on while cooking. I also use it as a rain hood to put the controller for my CyberQ in , shutting the lid and keeping it dry.
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,616
    Perfect!  Gassers are a great place to store eggcessories!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • GogogordyGogogordy Posts: 458
    Well played sir!
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,049
    And if you close the lid it's almost a smoker! Great idea. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Making me wish I had saved the old dead gasser!  Well done!

Dave
    no, not -that- one!
    KI4PSR
    ·
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 507
    I have been eyeing that Lodge.  I really, really want a Mini but I can't justify the price for what I would be getting.   
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    dweebs0r said:
    I have been eyeing that Lodge.  I really, really want a Mini but I can't justify the price for what I would be getting.   

That's why I went with the Lodge. A Mini is in the future, but for now, for the price, the Lodge will do what I want. A great pairing with the Egg. For steaks, I can sear, or reverse sear, without dealing with temp changes on the Egg. Great combo with the LBGE. Raising it up into the old grill and being able to leave it out in the elements is a plus.
  • GogogordyGogogordy Posts: 458
    The Lodge is a great grill....cooks well and built to last. A great addition to a BGE (and a re-purposed gasser)
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
    ·
  • Like yours my gasser just sat until I finally sold it and my wsm this summer.
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024
    Admittedly I wish I still had a small gasser. Love my egg, but sometimes I don't want to fire it up for hot dogs for the kids.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 507
    Admittedly I wish I still had a small gasser. Love my egg, but sometimes I don't want to fire it up for hot dogs for the kids.
    That's why I want a mini.  Quick and/or small cooks.
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
  • dweebs0r said:

To make the mini extra quick, I sometimes steal leftover lump out of my XL and fill the mini with that.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,280
    To make the mini extra quick, I sometimes steal leftover lump out of my XL and fill the mini with that.
    thats all I use in mine.  i don't think I have ever put fresh out of the bag lump in it.
    ·