Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First time to cook frozen

MickeyMickey Posts: 16,113
Neve cooked frozen but was wanting some wings for lunch. Store only had frozen. Out of the bag and on the grill. Seems not to be a problem.
Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,113
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,784
    I threw a frozen butt on at 11 last night. At 167 right now.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
    @Chubbs I would have never tried a frozen butt. What got you to do it?

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,784
    At a bachelor party and cooking for everyone. Someone moved the butt from fridge to freezer to make more room for booze. No choice but to go frozen.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • I've done plenty of frozen chuck roast but that's a different animal when sitting in a Dutch oven all day.

Those look amazing dude

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    I wonder if the thawing might keep the meat at the bacteria growing level for too long.  Have there been studies on this?

Call me "Too Lazy To Google"

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
    edited August 2013
    I wonder if the thawing might keep the meat at the bacteria growing level for too long.  Have there been studies on this?

Call me "Too Lazy To Google"

Are you talking in the time it is in the 400 domed Egg from right out of the bag? The environment is hot all around it? Now Chubbs butt is a whole different story in what you are suggesting. .

·
  • Chubbs butt would be a whole different equation for bacteria growth, no telling how it got there.

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,823
    Chubbs, are you going to pull it with the stripper's heels?
    ·