Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Major, enormous OT.

2»

Comments

• We have Dish.  Our experience is that the first guy to show up to install/repair can't do sh*t, but not to fear.  He can call someone who can do sh*t.  Of course, the first guy always waits until 5pm to call the second guy, so sometimes you have to hold dinner  or wait until the next day.  I tried asking if they could just send the second guy first, but they said they have to send the first guy first.  :-)
    I always get the "first guy" in most things. If we call Comcast for service, we get the "first guy". If we go to the market, we get stuck in the "first guy's" check out lane. The world is full of "first guys" and I seem to attract them.
    Of course, when it comes to some things, I'm the second guy.  In many things, though, I'm the first guy.  Oh well, lol!
    The Naked Whiz
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Both Direct and Dish have upfront fees for their boxes (depending on how many you need - we have 8) so you have to figure in those costs too.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    We use to have satellite and it was better than what we had before which was two clear stations and sometimes a few more not so clear.  The problem with satellite is that when you have heavy rain or snow you lose the signal, which is generally when you would like to be able to watch TV.  I believe the problems people have with satellite increase as you go north because of the angle that the dish has to be aimed at.

Gerhard
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I just called Crapcast and got my bill reduced from 201.44 to 136.99 a month. I can get Crapcast Interweb service for 51.95 @ 20Mbps down/7Mbps up. I can get Verizon phone and DirecTV Ultimate with Genie for 70 bucks. I just need to figure out the fees but I am thinking they will be a wash. Free NFL Sunday Ticket may sway me. Redzone is the greatest invention for Fantasy Football ever.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    The boxes are free then $6 monthly... Comcast is ten. My neighbor said when it goes out in a storm they watch recorded shows.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Que_n_Brew
    Que_n_Brew Posts: 578
    Dish is horrible...Directv is greatness. IMHO. I have Directv b/c I need the Sunday ticket (being a Saints fan in Dallas) but would recommend it without ST.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    They show the Aints... Damn.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    @henapple-while you have exposed many traits on this forum, if you are at all a serious professional sports junkie with all the fantasy league aspirations then the choice is directv.  You can spend BGE $$ on the upgarde packages for the MLB, NFL and probably the rest as well.  Your man-cave eggsperience will be altered forever.  BTW, I do not work for and do not subscribe to their high-end upgrades.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    Recently gave up comcast for no tv service.

I dont mind it so much and I love love love comcast calling me telling me how cheap they will give me service.  I love telling them to bugger off, if you gave me the discount when I was a customer you wouldnt have lost me.
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.