Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

First Ribs & ATB

ESTBoatESTBoat Posts: 11
Another great cook tonight. I've cooked ribs for years in the oven but these were my first on the BGE. I cooked at 375 indirect for 3 hrs with apple wood. The temp temp held steady between 375 and 400 till the last half hour when the temp spiked to 450. I shut the daisy wheel almost all the way and closes the bottom to about 1/4". I got the temp back down to 390 by the time I pulled them off. The ribs had an awesome bark and where nice and tender. I think next time I will try 250 for 5 hrs to see how that turns out. image The ATB's are cream cheese, shredded Mexican blend cheese, Jimmy Deans Spicy Sausage, and Dizzy Pig Cow Lick.I put them on for the last hour of the rib cook. They turned out great. Bacon was nice and crispy and just enough spice. image Can't wait for Saturday and cooking hamburger's and hot dog's for 35 adults and kids at my son's birthday. So happy I got my egg. The forum has been great for learning about temp control and everything else that would make for a steep learning curve. image
image.jpg
1536 x 2048 - 1M
image.jpg
1536 x 2048 - 808K
image.jpg
1536 x 2048 - 1M
Eastern Shore, MD - XL

Comments