Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

2nd Pizza attempt was a success

My first attempt at making pizza I used my platesetter with the legs down in my XL BGE with 6 fire bricks laid out as a platform for my pizza stone.  I thought that the extra thick ceramic base would be better to keep even heat.  It may have needed more time to warm up then I allowed.  I only gave it about ½ hour at 600 before I threw on the first pie.  It came out good but not great.  The top started to brown before the bottom was crisp enough.  The flavor was excellent but just not quite right. 

So method 2 I used my platesetter with the legs up with the XL Woo2 on top with my grate on top of the woo.  Pizza stone on the grate. 

Looks like this before the stone was added.  A few inches above the gasket:

Here is the pie before:

… and the after: 

This looks (and tasted) like the right combo to me.  Now I need to trim my dough a bit.  I have been using dough from the local pizza place.  It is for an 18" pie so the edges get too puffy and I could thin out the bottom a bit more with less dough.  Next time... 

Long Island, NY

Comments