It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
My first attempt at making pizza I used my platesetter with the legs down in my XL BGE with 6 fire bricks laid out as a platform for my pizza stone. I thought that the extra thick ceramic base would be better to keep even heat. It may have needed more time to warm up then I allowed. I only gave it about ½ hour at 600 before I threw on the first pie. It came out good but not great. The top started to brown before the bottom was crisp enough. The flavor was excellent but just not quite right.
So method 2 I used my platesetter with the legs up with the XL Woo2 on top with my grate on top of the woo. Pizza stone on the grate.
Looks like this before the stone was added. A few inches above the gasket:
Here is the pie before:
… and the after:
This looks (and tasted) like the right combo to me. Now I need to trim my dough a bit. I have been using dough from the local pizza place. It is for an 18" pie so the edges get too puffy and I could thin out the bottom a bit more with less dough. Next time...