Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Medium Egg - Small Balcony

Wanted to share my setup. I live in an apartment with a very tiny balcony. Medium egg just barely fits there, but it does the job.

Technically, I am breaking the law, but every 3rd balcony in my neighborhood has a grill.

Only spotted one other egg though :)

·

Comments

• AdamdAdamd Posts: 160
    Wow it really does just fit. The shelf is almost just in the way, but I guess you need a place to put your plates. At least you can use it!!
    ·
  • GogogordyGogogordy Posts: 460
    Theres a "no barbecue on the balcony" ordinance in your city?
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
    ·
  • Wow! That is small
    2 Large Eggs and no chickens. How's that work? :)
    ·
  • A lot of cities have those ordinances. I know Tuscaloosa and Birmingham both have, or had, them
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
    ·
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 1,007
    Time for a mini Greg! :)
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • Big RaguBig Ragu Posts: 146
    I had a small in my condo downtown tampa. Though others grilled illegally, they werent throwing off tons of smoke. I would get really paranoid. No one ever said a word.
    ·
  • gregk232gregk232 Posts: 11
    Yep, my city has a law that grills cannot be within 10 feet of combustible material unless an automatic sprinkler system is installed.

The police don't really enforce it, and my neighbors always appreciate the good smells.
    ·
  • dougbackerdougbacker Posts: 277
    IDK what everyone else thinks But I see room for a Mini there yet :))

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

·
    I really want a mini. A lot of times I cook for just my wife and myself.

I can't justify $400+ for a mini though. 

Definitely got my eye on the Vision Grill in this thread:

·
  • A lot of cities have those ordinances. I know Tuscaloosa and Birmingham both have, or had, them
    Almost every city in the US bases their fire code on the NFPA Handbook which prohibits having charcoal fires on balconies, regardless of construction material.  So, it's probably illegal in any city with a fire code.

The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • tamu2009tamu2009 Posts: 317
    It's been illegal wherever I've lived in Texas. Longview, Dallas, College Station. However, most places don't enforce it, I think you'd run into problems if you burnt the place down and it was determined to be caused by a charcoal fire on your balcony that was against the law....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
    ·
    Yep.

This is Plano TX, BTW.
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 4,028
    It was illegal in Orlando. The fire department showed up to my apartment back in college. Didn't do anything but said I would have to pay for their call if it happened again.
    ·
  • GogogordyGogogordy Posts: 460
    Or feed them. Firemen(persons) love BBQ too.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
    ·
  • definately got called out in  college station for bbq on my apt patio...cop was a **** to!
    ·