Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Dome movement on size large while cooking

I can't get my dome to align perfectly on my large egg and no matter what adjustments I make. Mine has always had a bit of an under bite. Now I'm noticing that the dome migrates to the rear while cooking, leaving an under bite of about 3/8". My egg is less than a month old and I'm seeing gasket issues because of the above issue too. Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions? Frustrated!

Comments

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 5,545
    What does your dealer say? If they can't help, a friend had a similar problem that was fixed by simply taking everything apart and starting over. He did install a new gasket while the dome was off. When we reassembled, we inadvertently switched the bands (the band that had been on the dome was now on the base. Assuming it is a LBGE/MBGE/SBGE the bands are same. Take it apart, and reassemble from scratch and it might just fix the underbite. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • I recently replaced my top dome and was having alignment issues during the process.  While the Egg was closed and the bands were a little loose I had SWMBO slide a snug fitting crescent wrench into the vertical platform just over the spring and lift until the dome was properly aligned.  While it's held in place, tighten the bands and that should do the trick.  Afterward I did the dollar bill test and everything was much tighter than before.  Good luck.