Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Cowboy ribeye cook from Saturday.

Here is the cook from the Ribeye I snagged on special(Prime, Angus, 13.49/lb), reverse-sear style.

For my ribeye, I seasoned it with salt of the Kosher variety on Friday and put it in the fridge on a rack overnight. SWMBO's sister was coming over so I ran back out on Saturday and grabbed 2 Filets. I seasoned the Filets and let my friends chill on the counter for an hour while I got the Egg ready.

I also prepped some zucchini from the garden and butter potatoes. I put some salt and pepper on the zucchini and then tossed them with Wegmans Basting Oil(garlic-infused oil with herbs). For the potatoes, I tossed them with some S&P, fresh rosemary, cayenne and then cut up 3 Tbsp of butter into little cubes and scattered them on top of the potatoes.

Here is a close up of the taters:

These went on the grid extender underneath the steaks during the beginning of the reverse sear. Once the steaks hit temp, I pulled them and moved the zucchini to the top grid. I raised the temp on the Egg to 400 or so to finish them off while the steaks rested. 

I melted some butter with Cowlick seasoning for a basting sauce while the steaks seared. I made a "basting brush" out of fresh thyme and rosemary after seeing Adam Perry Lang do in his Serious Barbecue book on various cooks. The though is that the fat-soluble compounds in the herbs would infuse into the butter as it is heated from the steak. It works during the final rest with finishing butter, so I thought why not try it here?

Time to turn the Rockwood into lava wood:

Here are the steaks right before pulling. I flipped every 30 seconds and basted each time. SWMBO's sister is a very peculiar person who seems to like her steak well-done. This is why it's butterflied. I cooked to to 150 to somewhat start the conversion.

Plate shots. Everything turned out fantastic. The herb brush gave this awesome aroma to the steaks with a subtle flavor that played well with the potatoes.
My steak went a little north of medium rare but was still amazing. Next time I'll need to find a thicker one, it truly melts in your mouth. The bone weighed 5.5 ounces so the edible portion was just under a pound. I'll probably only snag these when on special.

Egg 045.jpg
5184 x 3456 - 6M
Egg 047.jpg
5184 x 3456 - 5M
Egg 049.jpg
5184 x 3456 - 5M
Egg 050.jpg
5184 x 3456 - 5M
Egg 054.jpg
5184 x 3456 - 5M
Egg 055.jpg
5184 x 3456 - 5M