Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cracks on the Mini!!!

So I just bought my Mini and used it the first time the other day and u noticed this. Assembled it in the house so I didn't see it then but once I got it outside I saw it.

Anything to worry about? I don't have this on my 10 month old large.
Should I send a pic to my dealer and/ or the Mothership?

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Sledder, Quadder, Rock and Roller, Big Green Egg Smoker.

image.jpg 1.9M
·

Comments

• Those aren't really cracks. It is called crazing and is not uncommon. My older medium egg has tht all over the lid. It is fine.
    ·
  • Those aren't really cracks. It is called crazing and is not uncommon. My older medium egg has tht all over the lid. It is fine.

Crazing is perfectly normal. Carry on

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,276
    Crazing? Sounds like a fraternity party.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • rsmith193rsmith193 Posts: 219
    All four of my eggs have the crazing. It's just the surface of the glaze that is on the egg. The crazing happens through heat and cooling cycles of the ceramic. No worries
    ·
  • revolver1revolver1 Posts: 352
    Mine are probably the same.  Haven't looked that close, just use them.  If it chips off, it's under warranty so no worries.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,115
    My mini got it within a week or two. No worries
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • The Naked Whiz
    ·