Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

butt question...

Ok so I put 3 8 pound bone in butts on last night at 10. Everything was good all night long. This am @6:30 two of the three butts were at 200* Temp was confirmed with Thermopen. And I had calibrated the egg thermometer. Third butt was at 187. Pulled the two and FTC. Got up at 9:30 and the third butt was still hovering at 190. Pulled apart the two butts and they are in croc pots simmering, The third butt still at 190 4 hours later. Why such a difference?? It even seems odd that the two butts were done in 8.5 hours. I have heard that every butt is different. But really this different. Egg is at 250, we aren;t eating for a while so I have time just kind of a weird scenario. Any comments for the crowd. TIA
·