Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

6 hour Ribs

Had some ribs last night at a friends not cooked on a GE.  Tough and chewy even through they were cooked 8 hours.  Sent him this picture of my last ribs with my own "Fred's" sauce.

Just got an email wanting to know where he can buy an egg.  LOL

IMG_1833.JPG 455.2K
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,422
    Convert them one at a time.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,430
    8 hrs is way too long...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • smokeyjsmokeyj Posts: 259
    Sounds like the cook and not the cooker. You can make great ribs on any smoker/grill. Adding an egg would be great addition though.
    ·
  • Try doing them 3-2-1 next time @ 225 indirect with applewood smoke. PERFECT!!
    ·
  • erbloveerblove Posts: 86
    another one bites the dust
    Columbia, SC ~ LBGE, ThermaPen
    I love to eat...sue me!
    ·
  • scarri3rscarri3r Posts: 29
    I had a great success letting them marinade in the fridge for 4 hours and then applying a dry rub.
    Cook indirect around 250 for 2 hours uncovered.. spritzing after 30 mins and every 15 min there after.  Then 1 hour wrapped with a cup of apple juice in the aluminum pan.  Then 1 hour dwelling in the shell with some glaze applied.( covered also )    4 hours total time.  Let rest for 10 minutes after the cook, cut and eat.  Use your favorite sauce at that point.  Very tender and a good pull.  ( This is how I cook my baby backs )

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,422
    I do 100 min's and like the ribs
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • jerrypjerryp Posts: 226
    +1 on 3-2-1. They turn out nice and tender.  I do add an additional 15-20 at high heat to crisp em up.
    ·
  • rtt121rtt121 Posts: 645
    Try 5-0-0. at 225 at the grate. 

You won't go back.
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    edited August 2013
    I use to do the 3-2-1 method but then I tried the 5-0-0.thats how I cook mine now. I agree with @rtt121 .
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • daffy1909daffy1909 Posts: 454
    :D
    ·