Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Livers

Options
  I be batchin for awhile tonight so I decided to cook something that my wife wouldn't eat but I enjoy. Came up with the idea to stuff some chicken livers into jalapenos with cream cheese,cilantro and wrap with turkey bacon(I know,I know but trying to live a little on the healthy side)

Here they are before wrapping

After wrapping and a few extra just in case this didn't turn out well

And cooked. I must say that the turkey bacon really did crisp up very well.

I didn't get any "on the egg pics" but where else would I cook them!! I cooked at 400* raised direct

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    Options
    I would eat that (but Im not sure liver, any kind of liver is considered a healthier food) You had me at Jalapeno and bacon.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    That is a first for me. I do turkey gizzards a lot.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.