Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chicken Livers

I be batchin for awhile tonight so I decided to cook something that my wife wouldn't eat but I enjoy. Came up with the idea to stuff some chicken livers into jalapenos with cream cheese,cilantro and wrap with turkey bacon(I know,I know but trying to live a little on the healthy side)

Here they are before wrapping

After wrapping and a few extra just in case this didn't turn out well

And cooked. I must say that the turkey bacon really did crisp up very well.

I didn't get any "on the egg pics" but where else would I cook them!! I cooked at 400* raised direct

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
·

Comments

• GogogordyGogogordy Posts: 460
    I would eat that (but Im not sure liver, any kind of liver is considered a healthier food) You had me at Jalapeno and bacon.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,473
    That is a first for me. I do turkey gizzards a lot.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·