Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Steelhead for Tonite

I have a nice 2 lb lake Erie steelhead filet that I brined last night with a dry rub (kosher salt, brown sugar, cloves and white pepper). How would you cook this? Hot with some smoke, low and slow, direct, indirect? I have not done this before and I don't want the brine or smoke to be overwhelming if we eat it as a main course, but I could also smoke it heavier and eat it cold?

Comments

• LitLit Posts: 3,136
    I cut into serving size pieces and then blacken with lots of butter in a cast iron skillet for a minute or so per side then switch to another egg and cook at 350-400 raised direct till it starts to flake. For me pan searing fish is the best way to cook fish but I have also planked steelhead and that's good also. You can pan sear them inside but it will make your house smell bad.