Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Mini........kinda

Comments

• With regard to being available at Costco, if you go to Vision works website you will see that only certain models are available certain places.  The big one is available in Costco (some stores) and Costco.com.  The mini one shows as only available at limited Costcos and not at costco.com.  So, looks like a test this year, will have to see.  My Costco in SC has the big one in stock on and off--they get in 6 or so, sell them, and then takes a while to restock.

Here is the link to grill site showing which models sold where (all pretty limited).  I know my Costco has had the big one for at least 2 years now, so if the little one sold well in limted stores one would think next year they roll out in more stores and maybe add to online orders.  Funny thing is, retailers think of grilling as seasonal, they don't realize ceramic cookers are the year round group.  So maybe next year you can buy at Costco.  I am still on the fence--I think GaMtnFest had mini demo priced at $250 this past May, so if it is good price again I probably will try to get one there and stick with BGE.  On other hand, if Costco pricing is 100 to 150, that makes a nice little gift to introduce some folks to ceramic cooking via a gift.

http://www.visiongrills.com/where-to-buy/

• mark_08
    mark_08 Posts: 39
    Gogogordy said:
    mine came in
    Gogogordy said:
    Thats awesome! Very fine gesture.
    @Gogogordy can you tell me where you got the high temp gasket for the thermometer? cheked the local hardware store and coudlnt find anything that looked like the ones you put on....thanks!
    OK, here's the dope on the fiber washer. It's in the little drawers any good hardware store should have, and these say "Servalite... Fiber Washers" and come in different sizes.  Also sell the same thing in the AUTOMOTIVE bins under "oil drain washers" and they are the same thing in black on the automotive aisle.

Hope that helps...

Thank you for the pics! One more question.... What is the size of washer that you used?
    Medium Egg & Mini Max. Huntsville, TX
  • @Gogogordy thanks much for the info!
    Battle Ground, WA
    Large BGE,  MiniMax  and a Vision Kub.
    Could you call on Lady Day, could you call on John Coltrane?
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,820
    Vision helpdesk just told me its only in test markets but not sure which ones mentioned Vermont, Virginia and New York on the east coast and Cal. on the west.  I told her I was in Pittsburgh and that doesnt help me. Costco in our area said that stock # 698866 doesnt even come up.  So no option for us in Pittsburgh
    The item number is 698886.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    Mark_08. -you'll need the fiber washer with the 3/8" hole in the middle
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • mark_08
    mark_08 Posts: 39
    Gogogordy said:
    Mark_08. -you'll need the fiber washer with the 3/8" hole in the middle
    Thank you.. I just received my email that the kub has shipped. To be delivered Tuesday 
    Medium Egg & Mini Max. Huntsville, TX
  • Thanks for the interest, the one I had for sale is now SOLD
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    My track says delivery tomorrow. :D

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Mine says Sat. Hope it's not busted up.
  • Aviator

Well, he was just brought in and happy to say the baby is healthy and has no immediate issues.

He is so cute, sorry to sound so... but it is true.  :\">

I heard the brown truck roll up and my little resident monster raised hell.

Opened the garage door and asked the driver to wheel it over there. He gets his hand truck, lifts the kub box, which I see is completely open on the bottom and is flying open, he just turns around and drops, I mean throws it on the hand truck. I said do you know this is ceramic? He did not care. All hopes were gone at this point.

Made him wait till I took pictures, unpacked and would sign for it only after.

Some just don't care about other's property.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Gogogordy
    Good for you on the picture/inspection...those folks really think the mission is to hit their "numbers"...versus successfully delivering goods and merchandise to people and commerce. Unfortunately, corporate America pushes it's employees to perform for the bottom-line first.

Sorry if I sound grumpy. Maybe I am!

Enjoy your new KUB  :D
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • revolver1
    revolver1 Posts: 372
    His wife was probably one of those who lost health insurance due to the ACA.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    I wasn't as lucky.  USPS literally DROPPED it off near my garage door when nobody was home...  I also noticed there were minimal packing underneath.  Which is why I changed my mind and asked for a full refund instead of having the website ship a second one.

Right now, I'm still left with holding the cracked kub until they find out what's the USPS insurance process. :(

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    A lot of these delivery stories are reminiscent of why BGE does not allow internet orders, even by authorized dealers. 
  • Aviator

Again, the finish on these leave a lot to be desired. But for 70$, I will sleep well tonight.

Mine had a nut and washer missing as well. They included a shiny new wrench but a nut and washer short.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Aviator said:

Again, the finish on these leave a lot to be desired. But for 70$, I will sleep well tonight.

Mine had a nut and washer missing as well. They included a shiny new wrench but a nut and washer short.

Ours must have been packed buy the same guy who can't count.
  • Lowflyer
    If I open mine in front of the UPS guy and have a problem w it and don't sign, does he take it back and I get refund?
  • Aviator
    ^^ I would imagine so. And you don't pay shipping back. ;)

Chattanooga, TN.

• Aviator
    edited August 2013

K, I went to Target, Walmart, HD and Lowes AND TJMax and cant find a suitable metal table to put the lil guy on to perform the first lighting ceremony. Its too late now, came back home and am on the pickle.

Where do I start tomorrow? 

:((

Chattanooga, TN.

• Gogogordy
    Aviator said:

K, I went to Target, Walmart, HD and Lowes AND TJMax and cant find a suitable metal table to put the lil guy on to perform the first lighting ceremony. Its too late now, came back home and am on the pickle.

Where do I start tomorrow? 

:((

Been in that same quandry...the KUB doesnt care where it serves....only we do. Enjoy
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I hope it fits in the carten. I still haven't taken the arms off to see if it will without them. I cook on a plastic fold up table all the time with my mini in the carten so when I got the vision I sat it on the table and fired it up. 20 minutes later I smelled burning plastic and realized the table was melting. You can cook directly on anything if its in a carten.
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,820
    Aviator said:

Ours must have been packed buy the same guy who can't count.
    There are two packages of nuts and washers one for the shelves and one for the handle. The one for the shelves has an extra nut and washer. There's another tiny ziplock with two nuts and two washers make sure you didn't throw it away with the packing. They probably sell a model without the shelves and that's why they package the nuts separately. Just a guess.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • SmokinSoCal
    SmokinSoCal Posts: 145
    edited August 2013
    Here's a table for everyone. I don't know if the height will work well for you but if your lucky to find one in your area GREAT DEAL!!!! 18" Tall

• Aviator

I hate going to Lowes online, it keeps flashing and reloading, and I refuse to accept whatever spyware they use to track you.

But Ty sir, will go there and see if they have it in store. I was there yesterday.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Gogogordy said:
    Good for you on the picture/inspection...those folks really think the mission is to hit their "numbers"...versus successfully delivering goods and merchandise to people and commerce. Unfortunately, corporate America pushes it's employees to perform for the bottom-line first.

I just want to throw in a plug that not all the UPS drivers are jerks.  I run my business out of the house and have at least 3 deliveries a week.  Driver Don is great, always has a treat for my dog, never rough handling on anything.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Gogogordy
    Cookinbob said:
    Gogogordy said:

I just want to throw in a plug that not all the UPS drivers are jerks.  I run my business out of the house and have at least 3 deliveries a week.  Driver Don is great, always has a treat for my dog, never rough handling on anything.

Understood and didnt mean to imply it was their fault...or choice. My point was that many large "companys" crack a whip on its personnel these days often at the expense of providing the best core service it originally intended to.
  • Aviator
    edited August 2013
    Found it, a table, I mean. Was in the area of another larger HD and on a whim went in. Before you enter the store, in the foyer they had piled up all their summer patio stuff on clearance. Scored a slatted all metal table for 50$ original price 150. It is white, but may change it to a darker color to go with the rest of the décor. Very sturdy.

Chattanooga, TN.

• bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Mine arrived today with no damage and it has something's I like better than BGE, some I don't. But at the pricepoint it was definitely worth a try. Hope to get it fired up over the weekend.
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • Lowflyer
    Mine arrives tmrw, wife has no clue. Bday party a ways away, could be 7-8pm before getting home. Gonna be interesting how this goes down.
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    If I hear fireworks I know it didn't go well @lowflyer
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!