Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Mini........kinda

Comments

• mwraulst
    mwraulst Posts: 131

yeah but with the nest and shelves (mates).

again, for all those crowing warranty and china made, yada yada yada

It's a ceramic, mini egg, for $140 shipped to your door, with bands, nest and shelves and everything already in place.

had no problem registering mine on the vision website and it appears some of those people that had minor nicks or chips in the finish have already received relief via the warranty. see above

ran mine all day yesterday at 250, still one of the best purchases i've ever made. Even if the ceramic crumbles after 2 years of use it is by far worth the $140 i spent on it.

• mwraulst

oh and you all can still order one for that same price by emailing usabestdealz directly and asking them.

my brother bought 2 yesterday for less than the price of 1 mini. $300 shipped to LA. He can actually get 2 mini's and woo and mini stones cheaper than the cost of 1 new mini.

I'll be the first to let you all know when the grills fall apart.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,624
    heres the warranty issue for those that bought thru usabestdealz. recieved this email from vission grills

Michael:  I’m sorry to inform you but we do not warrant this grill as it was sold from a third party distributor.  We only warrant grills sold from approved retailers.

Laurie Copeland

Customer Service Manager

Vision Grills

877-917-4273 X 106

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • mark_08
    mark_08 Posts: 39
    edited August 2013
    Gogogordy said:
    mwraulst said:

can't say i didn't warn everyone about the rubber gasket around the thermo.

3. bc of space i immediately took the thermometer off. i found a rubber type gasket up by the thermometer. i couldn't help but think the first 800 degree cook or mistake would melt this, so i removed it. I would recommend that to any of you who bought the kub.

Good call on the washer folks! I would've missed that....(till my tri-tip tasted like tennis balls)

I removed the rubber, and added a hi-temp fiber to the OUTSIDE of the dome, between the thermometer and the ceramic instead.  

Afterwards, had a good cook on it tonight....Game Hen and baby spuds.

@Gogogordy: what exactly is that hi-temp fiber? is it like tape? or a piece of a gasket?

Medium Egg & Mini Max. Huntsville, TX
  • Tony:  :  I’m sorry to inform you but we do not warrant this grill as it was sold from a third party distributor.  We only warrant grills sold from approved retailers.

Laurie Copeland

Customer Service Manager

Vision Grills

877-917-4273 X 106

Sorry folks they are not going to honor the warranty. At least now you know the score if you decide to buy one.

• mwraulst said:

yeah but with the nest and shelves (mates).

again, for all those crowing warranty and china made, yada yada yada

It's a ceramic, mini egg, for $140 shipped to your door, with bands, nest and shelves and everything already in place.

had no problem registering mine on the vision website and it appears some of those people that had minor nicks or chips in the finish have already received relief via the warranty. see above

ran mine all day yesterday at 250, still one of the best purchases i've ever made. Even if the ceramic crumbles after 2 years of use it is by far worth the $140 i spent on it.

Thats great for you, but for me they are not going to honor the warranty and I guess they aren't going to send me a nut and washer that was missing, nor a repair kit for a chip in my dome.

The price is irrelevant, heck people are getting them for $69 from Costco if they are local. The fact is the Usabestdealz web page says it has a warranty, it lists it at the bottom of the description.
  • Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    edited August 2013
    The nut and washer is a non-issue (Lowes, Home Depot....fifty cents) and the chip repair kit is presently for merely cosmetic purposes? Now if the ceramic cracks I guess it was a lesson learned...

Will Visions sell you a chip kit perhaps?  

At the end of the day though that sounds like a valid credit card dispute to me since USABESTDEALZ has misrepresented warranty and you have a warranty issue.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • fishlessman
    edited August 2013
    Thats great for you, but for me they are not going to honor the warranty and I guess they aren't going to send me a nut and washer that was missing, nor a repair kit for a chip in my dome.

The price is irrelevant, heck people are getting them for $69 from Costco if they are local. The fact is the Usabestdealz web page says it has a warranty, it lists it at the bottom of the description.

i got the same email as you and got these as well
    Costco is a big company and we have no way to stop them from selling our grills to a third party.
    Perhaps the online retailer provides a warranty.

fukahwee maine

• mwraulst
    if usabestdealz is saying it has a warranty, maybe usabestdealz plans on honoring the warranty. They've been excellent to deal with so far.  I would recommend talking to them or whatever you bought it from. If you bought it from Costco, would you not talk to Costco first about problems?

As for a nut and washer. doubt those would set you back 1.00 at any hardwear store. Most of us received an extra, i'll happily drop mine in the mail to you.

I think the price is the most relevant point here, it's $140 bucks shipped to your door. For $1.00 more you have the nut and washer. $141 with nest and shelves vs. 400 + for the same mini egg setup. Obviously, i would expect there to be sacrifices at that price point when purchasing. 

I'll happily purchase yours for $80.00, you cover insured shipping. 
  • fishlessman
    mwraulst said:
    if usabestdealz is saying it has a warranty, maybe usabestdealz plans on honoring the warranty. They've been excellent to deal with so far.  I would recommend talking to them or whatever you bought it from. If you bought it from Costco, would you not talk to Costco first about problems?

As for a nut and washer. doubt those would set you back 1.00 at any hardwear store. Most of us received an extra, i'll happily drop mine in the mail to you.

I think the price is the most relevant point here, it's $140 bucks shipped to your door. For $1.00 more you have the nut and washer. $141 with nest and shelves vs. 400 + for the same mini egg setup. Obviously, i would expect there to be sacrifices at that price point when purchasing. 

I'll happily purchase yours for $80.00, you cover insured shipping. 
    i think most of us are happy with the product, maybe not so happy with the company that makes them, imagine buying from the same places at the regular prices  because they are not supplied in your area and still no warranty
    fukahwee maine

• Usabestdealz description said "manufacturers warranty". Now we know that isn't gonna be honored.
    The nut and washer are a minor annoyance. Not having a lifetime warranty is major. Mighty nice of you to offer me $80 for a unit I paid $142 for, but that's ok I have 45 days to dispute the purchase with paypal and they will refund the full amount since the item wasn't described accurately should I choose to go that route.

I still hope Vision will reconsider and honor the warranty as it would be good PR for their business.

• mark_08
    I just got off the phone with a guy named Dennis (I think was his name), he told me that for any purchases of the grill from usabestdealz.com for any issues to go to them first. I gave him an example of if a year down the road if the ceramic grill was to crack would they take care of it and he assured me they would. I missed his first call and called him back, here is the number I called 240-605-6259
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,704
    I wonder how much the price would have been if a group buy had been organized. One heck of a deal. I imagine that a number of these grills have been sold because of the interest generated here. Would be nice (and sensible) of the manufacturer to realize that and lay to rest worries about honoring the warranty.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Gogogordy
    caliking said:
    I wonder how much the price would have been if a group buy had been organized. One heck of a deal. I imagine that a number of these grills have been sold because of the interest generated here. Would be nice (and sensible) of the manufacturer to realize that and lay to rest worries about honoring the warranty.
    it would be hard to have a group representing the same kind of  buying power, and clout of Costco.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • Looks like usabestdealz.com has pulled any reference to the Vision from their site, I wonder if they were contacted by the manufacturer or if they just finally pulled the page?
    Large BGE and a couple non-greenies
    Roanoke TX
  • Usabestdealz said they wil send me the parts missing from mine. They also said they would honor the warranty. So there you go. Good on usabestdealz and Vision will never see another dime from me.
  • fishlessman
    Usabestdealz said they wil send me the parts missing from mine. They also said they would honor the warranty. So there you go. Good on usabestdealz and Vision will never see another dime from me.
    i hope they do. before bge made a similar policy change i bought an egg online from hearthside distributors (was actually sent there by bge), well when my firebox broke years later bge told me to go back to hearthside to get it replaced. hearthside would replace the firebox free of charge but bill me 135.00 for the shipping.
    :)) bge later sent me a firebox free of charge and no shipping cost, wonder if they would do the same today
    fukahwee maine

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

Well, my lil Kub is travelling from New York. Hope he makes it in one piece. Anyone who bought it from Costco have any problems?

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Aviator
    Another quick Q for those who have it. Do accessories for the BGE Mini work with the kub? I think a little discussion on this may justify us talking about it here on BGE forum.

Chattanooga, TN.

• SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Mine from that website just arrived.  Definitely mixed feelings after reading the news that the manufacturer won't honor the warranty & have to use the website people.  On the one hand, it's a great deal, on the other hand, as long as it's not opened, I could request a refund & just send it back.

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• Gogogordy
    edited August 2013
    Usabestdealz said they wil send me the parts missing from mine. They also said they would honor the warranty. So there you go. Good on usabestdealz and Vision will never see another dime from me.

Im wondering how they (USABestdealz) plan to handle warranty...parts? Seems like a promise that they may or may not be able fulfill. As far a Visions leaving a bad taste...why, because they are contractually obligated to Costco who committed to them for being the exclusive distributor? Thats certainly their perogative and probably a wise move legally.
  • SmyrnaGA
    No point in unwrapping the dome.

in Smyrna GA.

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Oh, crap!  Don't think I want one of these sent to me.....................................
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • SmyrnaGA
    Dennis called back and told me to "return to sender" it to the post office. He said he'll send another one out tomorrow.

in Smyrna GA.

• mark_08
    SmyrnaGA said:

Dennis called back and told me to "return to sender" it to the post office. He said he'll send another one out tomorrow.

Do you have to pay return shipping when you "return to sender"
  • Gogogordy
    edited August 2013
    SmyrnaGA said:
    No point in unwrapping the dome.

That should buff right out.... :)) Seriously, sorry about that....thats heartbreaking. After buying this and picking it up at Costco etc I was/am a bit apprehensive about the prospect of successfully shipping these postal or brown, or otherwise. The odds, in my opinion are not favorable.
  • SmyrnaGA
    He said to take it to the post office and they may let me return to sender since I just received it. If I had to pay shipping, he'll credit my Paypal account. I'll go to the post office around lunch time and see what happens.

in Smyrna GA.

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,820
    Just for everyone's info. Costco marked them down to $80 today. I bought the last two in the store, one to leave at my Moms, one for a friend.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Aviator
    td66snrf said:
    Just for everyone's info. Costco marked them down to $80 today. I bought the last two in the store, one to leave at my Moms, one for a friend.
    Where was this at?

Chattanooga, TN.

• mwraulst
    Gogogordy Posts: 120
    edited August 19

Im wondering how they (USABestdealz) plan to handle warranty...parts? Seems like a promise that they may or may not be able fulfill. As far a Visions leaving a bad taste...why, because they are contractually obligated to Costco who committed to them for being the exclusive distributor? Thats certainly their perogative and probably a wise move legally.

Why? because some people jump to conclusions are never going to be satisfied and want something to b*tch about.

"Usabestdealz description said "manufacturers warranty". Now we know that isn't gonna be honored.The nut and washer are a minor annoyance. Not having a lifetime warranty is major. Mighty nice of you to offer me $80 for a unit I paid $142 for, but that's ok I have 45 days to dispute the purchase with paypal and they will refund the full amount since the item wasn't described accurately should I choose to go that route."
    I really don't get it, great product, great support so far, great price. I'd happily consider one of their larger units after my experience with the kub.