It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
um...... a group buy for a competitors grill :)) :D this i have to see :))
The new char-smell is gone....I've lit, and used my Vision Grill KUB. No regrets. We prepared a delicious meal for two...an Asian-styled Bento box consisting of Teriyaki-Wasabi wings, sesame shrimp, grilled home-grown okra, coconut rice, Kamoboko, and home grown corn on the cob (I know...I said Asian "style", loosely interpreted)I know that "someday" a BGE Mini is in my future....and have no regrets for this purchase its the perfect size for two, and made for some very easy, tasty cooking.
revolver1 said:Dan: I'm sorry, we do not sell directly to consumers. Costco has chosen where they want to sell them right now, we do not have any control over that unfortunately. Our hope is that they will sell them online in the near future.Laurie CopelandCustomer Service ManagerVision Grills877-917-4273 X 106
Dan: I'm sorry, we do not sell directly to consumers. Costco has chosen where they want to sell them right now, we do not have any control over that unfortunately. Our hope is that they will sell them online in the near future.Laurie CopelandCustomer Service ManagerVision Grills877-917-4273 X 106
Anyone ordered from this site and received their cooker yet?
yes! got it in the mail yesterday. the seller must have taken a hit on shipping bc my label on the box when it came in said 37 dollars for the shipping and i only paid 7 when i placed the order.
put it together and assembled last night and did the first cook.
1. no it is not fully egg quality but it's not far off and the price alone makes this a winner. I do have a mini so i performed a side by side comparison evaluation and cook.
2. it comes with the stand (table nest for egg) and shelves, boom! awesome!, thank you very much for not having to buy a stand for the grill i just paid for. and the shelves are so awesome, they attach easy, are super sturdy, clean easily and foldup or come off in seconds.
3. bc of space i immediately took the thermometer off. i found a rubber type gasket up by the thermometer. i couldn't help but think the first 800 degree cook or mistake would melt this, so i removed it. I would recommend that to any of you who bought the kub.
4. the fire box is slightly misshapen at the bottom. so here is where i think the quality of the egg comes into play. the ceramic firebox is not exactly round at the bottom where the fire grate sits. It does not affect anything that i've been able to tell. the thickness of the ceramic on both the firebox and egg appears to be the same between the 2.
5. top vent is not castiron or heavy metal. the top vent on kub is thiner metal. it has a clip so it stays attached to the top, although never been a problem with the egg. there is also gasket up there holding the top cap on. I must admit i had no problem lighting the egg with the cap on and open, whereas i've never tried it on my eggs. I always remove top cap to light them. if the cap rusts or fails i'm pretty sure the egg one will fit or i will fashion one of those fancy stainless ones.
6. with royal oak in mini egg and in kub and a piece of chicken, brat, and burger on each i have yet to tell any difference in taste. Even had swmbo mix them up on me for a blind taste test. there you have it, my $140 mini tastes the same as my $400 mini.
my conclusion: sorry bge you're now priced out of the market in regard to the mini. I'd purchase this again any day. Oh and with the kub, the warranty information states lifetime on all ceramic parts, so please don't attack this thread based on the value of the warranty. I paid 140 including shipping, got a mini with shelves and a stand deliverd to my door. Bands were already in place and tight. Couldn't be any happier with this find.
I just jumped on to the "usabestdealz" web site out of curiosity and guess what?
Kub is OUT OF STOCK!
John - SLC, UT
Webers, Eggs, Bubba Keg
does anyone know if the plate setter for the Mini will work on this one? If not, does Visionoffer one?
Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook