Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Used Small BGE Price

Saw one for $300 that looks to be in good shape.

Please share your thoughts?
=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
Tampa Bay, FL
·

Comments

• MklineMkline Posts: 177
    Good bargain. Look at it and make sure no cracks, if none pull the trigger.
    ·
  • I would buy it for that. The nest alone is worth 50.

·
  • LowflyerLowflyer Posts: 745
    That's what I paid for mine.
    Love it
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,039
    And that price includes a nest.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 767
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,116
    edited August 2013
    I got mine used with a nest for $300 and I was quite happy with the deal.  Mine actually was unused and still in the boxes and he threw in the 20# bag of BGE charcoal he never used.  If it's in good shape I would do it again for $300. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,039
    I saw it. Looked good. I offered $250 and missed out as of now.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • hondabbqhondabbq Posts: 1,137
    Just bought a Mini for $350 with a nest in ND.

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Sledder, Quadder, Rock and Roller, Big Green Egg Smoker.

·
  • For you guys who have a small, is it portable like the mini? Ive never seen one in person.
    ·

• For you guys who have a small, is it portable like the mini? Ive never seen one in person.
    The small weighs 60 pounds or so.  FWIW.  It's definitely portable, but I suppose it is up to you what your definition of portable is for a 60 pound item.  If you were to put it into one of those plywood boxes with rope handles that people have made, it wouldn't be too bad to carry around for one or two people.
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • I sold a small to Celtic Wolf about 5-6 years ago in perfect shape for $300.01.   The penny was because it was Celtic Wolf, LMAO!
    The Naked Whiz
    ·

The small weighs 60 pounds or so.  FWIW.  It's definitely portable, but I suppose it is up to you what your definition of portable is for a 60 pound item.  If you were to put it into one of those plywood boxes with rope handles that people have made, it wouldn't be too bad to carry around for one or two people.

Is there a LOT of size (grill area) difference between small and mini?

·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,469

I was just wondering, is the Egg Carten the same size for the mini and the small?

Anyone know?

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,752
    EggCarten sizes are different for the different BGE sizes. The mini works a better as a grill than a smoker, but many on here have used it to smoke butts and such. The small works just like the large. Also depends on how many you will be cooking for.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·