Ok now that time has passed...I'm actually quite thrilled that I love in the south.
Things to like:
General and genuine kindness. Yes sir and yes ma'am is common courtesy.
2. You don't have to ask anyone if they have sweet tea..you simply order it.
3. I'm a big fan of being indoors and watching Thunderstorms and buckets/walls of rain..something comforting about it
4. There are a ton of BBQ joints and bbq competitions that you can partake in..either eating or entered in the contest.
5. Live close to the beach makes for a fun getaway that doesn't require much thought.
6. Car,taxes,and title are waayyyy cheaper here. In Colorado it cost $859 for tabs per year for our 2012 Subaru outback..here $230 for 18 months
Downsides of the south:
1. Hot humidity. I just grilled up some brats..nothing physical at all..and I'm drenched.
2. Economically the pay is not as high as it was up north.
3. Publix is nice but I long for a Safeway or king soopers for their grocery pricing.
4. Have Subaru outback for snow..don't really need it here.
5. Pro football teams are horrendous in fL. I'm thinking ill be a falcons fan..or go all out for the chiefs this year.
6. FSU and UF rivalry...I always get asked whom I root for. My answer? Washington state cougars
Btw...when I say north..I mean Colorado and Washington state..south..I mean Florida