National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here
and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise
and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes
. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches
! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!
Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340
Ok now that time has passed...I'm actually quite thrilled that I love in the south.
Things to like:
General and genuine kindness. Yes sir and yes ma'am is common courtesy.
2. You don't have to ask anyone if they have sweet tea..you simply order it.
3. I'm a big fan of being indoors and watching Thunderstorms and buckets/walls of rain..something comforting about it
4. There are a ton of BBQ joints and bbq competitions that you can partake in..either eating or entered in the contest.
5. Live close to the beach makes for a fun getaway that doesn't require much thought.
6. Car,taxes,and title are waayyyy cheaper here. In Colorado it cost $859 for tabs per year for our 2012 Subaru outback..here $230 for 18 months
Downsides of the south:
1. Hot humidity. I just grilled up some brats..nothing physical at all..and I'm drenched.
2. Economically the pay is not as high as it was up north.
3. Publix is nice but I long for a Safeway or king soopers for their grocery pricing.
4. Have Subaru outback for snow..don't really need it here.
5. Pro football teams are horrendous in fL. I'm thinking ill be a falcons fan..or go all out for the chiefs this year.
6. FSU and UF rivalry...I always get asked whom I root for. My answer? Washington state cougars
Btw...when I say north..I mean Colorado and Washington state..south..I mean Florida