Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Life in Florida

mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,645
edited August 2013 in EggHead Forum
Ok now that time has passed...I'm actually quite thrilled that I love in the south. Things to like: General and genuine kindness. Yes sir and yes ma'am is common courtesy. 2. You don't have to ask anyone if they have sweet tea..you simply order it. 3. I'm a big fan of being indoors and watching Thunderstorms and buckets/walls of rain..something comforting about it 4. There are a ton of BBQ joints and bbq competitions that you can partake in..either eating or entered in the contest. 5. Live close to the beach makes for a fun getaway that doesn't require much thought. 6. Car,taxes,and title are waayyyy cheaper here. In Colorado it cost $859 for tabs per year for our 2012 Subaru outback..here $230 for 18 months Downsides of the south: 1. Hot humidity. I just grilled up some brats..nothing physical at all..and I'm drenched. 2. Economically the pay is not as high as it was up north. 3. Publix is nice but I long for a Safeway or king soopers for their grocery pricing. 4. Have Subaru outback for snow..don't really need it here. 5. Pro football teams are horrendous in fL. I'm thinking ill be a falcons fan..or go all out for the chiefs this year. 6. FSU and UF rivalry...I always get asked whom I root for. My answer? Washington state cougars Btw...when I say north..I mean Colorado and Washington state..south..I mean Florida

Comments