Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First time stuffed Pork Tenderloin

Options
Hey, everyone -

LBGE is heating-up and I'm reading to try my hand at a stuffed 6# pork tenderloin.  Opened-up / butterflied the loin to about 1/2" thickness and started by "painting" the meet with a mixture of EVOO + 2 cloves of fresh minced garlic.  Then, added a layer of fresh spinach and, on top of that, sun-dried tomatoes and, lastly, a nice heaping of shredded cheese (I went on the cheap on just got the store bought "bag" of shredded cheese.)

Wrapped that up and tied it nice-n-tight before coating with EVOO + kosher salt.

Am planning on a raised grid @ 375'ish....truthfully, a bit of a guess on how long it will take (and, am guessing around 60-min total.)   Have the probe inserted into the thickest part of the loin (the initial role) and will pull at an IT of 145 degrees.

I'll add a picture once on the grid and then again when I pull....  but, in that I am notoriously bad about uploading pictures, wanted to put an initial posting with what we have so far.

....can't wait!

Comments

• Mud Pig
    Mud Pig Posts: 489
    Options
    Sounds awesome, I just had some tenderloin that blew me away last night. My mom made it in the oven and marinaded it in dark beer, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and S&P. It was phenomenal, goin to try it on the egg and love the idea of butterflying and stuffing it. Thanks for reminded me to be creative with my cooking. Good luck on your loin.