Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First time pizza. Nailed it! With pics.

So I decided to do pizzas with some friends. Bought some dough from a local pizza place and was able to crank out three circular pies. I made a peperonie, an Italian sausage, and my favorite... The pulled pork pizza with blues hog bbq sauce for the base and cheddar cheese. I was really satisfied with how these turned out and will definitely be doing it again. I will make the dough a little thinner next time would be my only critique.

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,451
    Very nice pies.
    It's not a science, it's an art. And it's flawed.
    - Camp Hill, PA
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,660
    If you mailed, I would order.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• rholtrholt Posts: 375
    Thanks @Mickey. I was really pleased that it turned out so well. We could work out some type of delivery I am sure. :D
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,239

Very nice looking pies. Good job.

That your cell phone in the pic? Very middle school girlie of ya. ;)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Ha ha ha @Griffin. That is my wife's phone I promise. :-S
  • finsterfinster Posts: 134
    To add a little to the pork pies i have topped w light amout of cole slaw after (it comes off) and have also used pickles (after as well ). Adds a nice touch.  Sweet lookin pies.
    MBGE in Charleston

• Nice Looking Pies!!

Let's Did It Low and Slow....

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,239
    Uh huh...sure it is. We believe you. ;)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,570
    Awesome looking pizzas.  Nice job! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• MO_EgginMO_Eggin Posts: 134
    Very nice!
    LBGE, St. Louis, MO
    How did you get your dough so round? It looks like a pro pressed your dough man. Looks good. 

mine look like, "splat"! - LOL 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    I must say I am pretty proud of those round pies. I started with dough balls and started pressing them out based on some YouTube videos and it worked like a champ. Just made sure the dough balls were room temp.