Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Weekend Cooks (with pics)

Technically, it's still the "weekend" here in Ontario but, thought I'd go ahead and post a few pics of what I cooked on the egg this weekend. Friday night was just some wings with grilled peaches for dessert. I sprinkled a little brown sugar on top of the peach halves (two also had chopped pecans) and did them at about 350*, raised, for about 10 minutes. They were fantastic.

Saturday night was a chicken paella. I've made plenty of paella in the past but this was the first time I did it on the egg. It was only me and Mrs. TOTN so I only made enough for two:

Friday night's wings on the egg...

Grilled peaches...

Cooking boneless, skinless chicken thighs for paella...

Sauteing some peppers, garlic, green beans and artichokes...

imageimage

Making my sofrito...

Adding the rice and broth...

imageimage

Ready to eat!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.