Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday Firsts

Acn
Acn Posts: 4,424
Two firsts yesterday, skillet baked chocolate chip cookie and deep dish pizza. Started with the cookie, just because it is easier to hit 350 and stay there for 45 minutes and raise to 450, than vice versa. Used the Martha Stewart recipe; here it is going on:
Here it is cooling inside:
No 'assembly' photos for the pizza. We used Wegmans dough, spread it out on the bottom of the CI. Added a layer of 6-cheese Italian blend, then some sliced sun-dried tomato and basil chicken sausage, thinly sliced red onion and chopped olives. Covered with my wife's homemade marinara and another layer of cheese. Going on:
Waiting to be sliced:
On my plate:
Very satisfied customer:

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

Comments

• Both look great!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Great work! Al Fresco has been awesome in Maryland this week. Made lasagna yesterday. After seeing your pics, I wish I had taken some shots of my satisfied customer.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Great work! Al Fresco has been awesome in Maryland this week. Made lasagna yesterday. After seeing your pics, I wish I had taken some shots of my satisfied customer.

It has been fantastic here, although it didn't work so well to go to the dugout club game Saturday night. I managed to finish our front walk yesterday too, it had been a while waiting for some time when the heat index wasn't going to be 100+ or it wasn't going to have afternoon rain. I think that takes care of summer projects, although SWMBO may tell me otherwise.

You definitely should always have photos of the satisfied custonmer!  We've actually used photos of my daughter around 2 eating okra to convince her to try it again now.  "See, you used to eat this and loved it!" 

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Wow, that pizza looks amazing!