Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Soup and sandwich

Options
Austin  Egghead
Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
edited August 2013 in EggHead Forum

The sandwich

Chicken breast left over from the day before.  Removed from bone and split partially open.  Made a paste of garlic,  thyme, Espresso coffee, Aw Sh*t and salt and placed in chicken pocket.  Split open bolillo (Mexican French roll) put some mayo on the bread, placed the breast in the roll and wrapped in bacon.  Indirect on small at 400 for about 40 minutes.

The soup

Dry roasted (indirect) the veggies on the egg.  Added roasted veggies and seasonings  to the vita mix and blended till steaming.  

Finally nailed the tomato soup.  The key is roasting the veggies on the egg, takes the "raw" taste out of the veggies. Make the soup a littler thicker and you have a sauce for pasta or pizza

Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    The humble soup and sandwich never looked so good.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Looks good girl. Noticed the mixer in Cost Co the other day.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Thanks Mickey and Fred.
    @ Mickey, the VitaMix that Costco has is taller than the one I have.  I think the horse power rating is the same.   The one I have is the 300 and it was designed to fit under the cabinets.  
    Now that I have tomato soup where I like it, I am going to start playing with leek and potato soup.  We have yet to do a smoothie or margarita.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx