Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Phat Chops!!

Options
mule
mule Posts: 152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have some guests coming over Friday nite and this is their first meal from the Egg. They are excited!! Another friend has volunteered to bring some fat pork chops. Anyone have a suggestion for a fat pork chops
that will not dissapoint??
Thanks for any help!![p]mule

Comments

• backyardbbq
    backyardbbq Posts: 34
    Options
    mule,
    Try Dr BBq's Peachy Stuffed Pork Chops out of his new book if you have it. I tried them Saturday when he cooked them at our store. They were excellent!

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    pchops05-1.JPG
    <p />mule,[p]You can't go wrong with a simple salt, pepper, and olive oil rub. Use a sear, rest, and roast approach since they are thick (I'm assuming at least 1.5"??).[p]Lately I've also been using "CharCrust," which makes a great crust too. If you have them, throw on some guava wood chunks for a devine compliment.[p]5-6chop2.JPG[p]Make sure to pull them off the Egg around 140 internal.[p]Good luck![p]TRex
  • GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    TRex,[p]Sweet pic Jason. We missed the TRex Symposium last weekend, but I'm sure you had more fun making waves in the Gulf of Mexico. Heeee[p]Seriously, we did miss ya![p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    mule,
    if they are bone in, i like them trexed to an internal of 142,then rested under a loose foil. salt, pepper,fresh rosemary and oil rubbed in.
    if there boneless, these are good

[ul][li]pork chops[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TRex
    Options
    GrillMeister,[p]Thanks, Ed. I did hate to miss the Big Event, but it was really hard to complain while looking at things like this:[p]sunset4.JPG[p]It's also amazing how much choppier the ocean is at night. ;-)[p]Cheers,[p]TRex[p]P.S. Don Lindsay has become the newest BGE salesman in our office.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,896
    Options
    TRex,
    "salesman"? or Ambassador de'jour?

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • TRex
    Options
    RRP,[p]I like your description better. The Egg surely sells itself. :-)[p]SOLD![p]TRex