Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Where are the recipes?

I'm looking for recipes under "Cookbook" (ribs, chicken, beef), but all I see are discussions about recipes and no real ingredients listed.  I would appreciate any help to find where the recipes are.

Thanks.

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,506
    Recipes are scattered throughout the forum. The search engine is not very good, so go to Google, and search for what recipe you want, including Big Green Egg in the search. For example, 'Spatchcock chicken Big Green Egg' will bring up all the discussions and recipes for Spatchcock Chicken. Any thing in particular you are looking for?
    Thanks for the info.  I'm mainly looking for recipes for cooking whole chicken and ribs.
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,506
    For chicken, Spatchcock is the way to go. You cut out the back bone and flatten it, season with whatever you like (I sometimes just go salt, pepper and poultry seasoning, but your favorite rub will work) then cook raised direct at 375 or so. Here's a link that shows step by step. http://www.nakedwhiz.com/spatch.htm One of the most recommended 'first cook' on the Egg.
    Thank you.
  • CAT SellerCAT Seller Posts: 205
    www.nibblemethis.com
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,577
    If you need to know anything just pm me... =))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN