Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Birthday Butts

Options
Having a bunch of family coming over on Saturday for my wife's birthday party. Going to be making a few racks of ribs the day of the party, so I'm knocking the butts out today. I guess I'll freeze the pulled pork tonight and then pull them out of the freezer on Friday night. Is that what y'all would do too? Or would you just refrigerate it until Saturday? Open for suggestions. Here is a teaser pic. Smoking them up with a mix of Pecan and JD Whiskey Oak.

Comments

• brianwdmn
    brianwdmn Posts: 371
    Options
    I would pull and refrigerate in a food saver style bag, one that you can get some kind of vacuum seal. You can also reheat in the same bag, just dip the bag in warm water until a consistent temperature all the way through.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Options
    Not sure id refridgerate for that long. Thats 6 days in the fridge. I have frozen butts before and it comes out pretty darn tasty though i wouldnt sauce it till Saturday
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,055
    Options
    Thx guys! I think I'll food saver the meat and freeze. Then reheat on Saturday. They turned out so, so good. The oak and pecan were a perfect combination. I didn't take anymore grill pix, since my neighbor was talking to me over the fence...that and I was fighting off flies. I abhor flies BTW. Annoying little bastards. But here are a couple of pulled pix: