Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork loin or pork tenderloin?

I know I've cooked one, but can't remember which.  What are the differences and is one better/juicier/more tender than the other?

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

Comments

• TonyATonyA Posts: 566
    Loin is larger and lighter in color. Tenderloin is is also tapered so without some input the tail will be overdone when the larger end is right. Both are good eating when handled right. I like a center cut loin chop which has both.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,916
    About the same behavior pattern as the difference in beef-the tenderloin is a bit more tender and lean.  Cooks fast.  I have become accustomed to taking the loin and making a roulade with it.  Here's a link- http://www.bubbatim.com/Pork_Cooks.php  Worth the effort.  enjoy.
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 1,030
    You can pork caterpillar a loin .. I couldn't resist putting on the eyes.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.