Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What to stock up on.

Spending the Canadian long weekend in the US.
Sauces. Rubs. Lump.
Going to try and find some Tri tips to bring back.

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Motley Brew.

·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,296
    Where at?
    ·
  • hondabbqhondabbq Posts: 1,219
    Grand forks North Dakota.

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,296
    Good luck. Can't help with much. Let me know the next time you are around for the M3 festival. I can hook you up with local stuff like Dizzy Pig.
    ·
  • Letz4wheelLetz4wheel Posts: 235
    You ought to find lots of beef up in ND. The rest I haven't a clue.
    Southern Indiana
    ·
  • I'm from grand forks.... L&M meats has a good selection, as for lump you are pretty limited to Wally World or menards, both stock RO.
    Fighting Sioux Hockey
    ·
    edited August 2013
    @goldandgrill
    Forgot you lived here. I should have invited myself over for some BBQ. Lol.
    Anywhere to find dizzy pig?
    Where can I get eggs or the like. Thinking of a mini.
    I know Dakota tv and appliance. Is this Burgraffs worth a look?

Anyone know of the RO bag color makes a difference?

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

·
  • Yeah I'm actually up in Icelandic SP with a lot of your Canadian brethren this weekend. Ace hardware (burgraffs) off Washington actually has a mini in stock right now. They also had some dizzy pig the other day while I was there looking. Good luck! Adam
    Fighting Sioux Hockey
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,424
    Sounds like a hell of a weekend.  Best of luck finding your mini and rubs!
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·
  • If you find Dizzy Pig get the Pineapple Head, it's tasty on everything we've tried it on. 
    ·
    @golfandgrill where is a god place to go and eat here. We usually hit culverts once or twice( love that place) and a few others I care not to mention as they were pretty bad and the mall.

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

·
  • dougbackerdougbacker Posts: 277
    hondabbq said:
    @goldandgrill Forgot you lived here. I should have invited myself over for some BBQ. Lol. Anywhere to find dizzy pig? Where can I get eggs or the like. Thinking of a mini. I know Dakota tv and appliance. Is this Burgraffs worth a look? Anyone know of the RO bag color makes a difference?
    Color don't make a diff

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

·
  • @hondabbq What are you in the mood for? Red pepper on university is classic, grinders, tacos, etc. Blue moose or the boardwalk in EGF also have lots of good choices if you want more sit down. the boardwalk is 21 and over only. Rhombus guys downtown GF has great pizza, but they are a little pricey.
    Fighting Sioux Hockey
    ·
  • You could try JL Beers. 21 years old and over though. 40 taps and good, quick, inexpensive burgers. :)  What's not to like.
    ·
    Wife wanted paradiso so we wine there got a real late lunch/ early dinner. Thanks

Found some Bad Byron's Sonia's bought one of those. Saw the new line of BGE rubs made by Dizzy Pig. Of course they are pricier than the original Dizzy Pig. They are packed in a larger size but work out to more.

Anyone know how many of the regular size Dizzy Pig rubs fit in their quart size container?

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

·